Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 02:10:09PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > How were things working in the debian-glibc CVS? Did accidents or hot
> > discussions hapen because of the very opened commit access?
>
> No more so than happens today with the more closed SVN repo.

But it's not necessarily an indicative result, because the population of
wannabe committers is different, and the problem of translators doesn't
exist.

It's not unfair to say that web editing is by and large much a easier thing
compared to coding the C library. Consequently, the number of people who
know how to do it, as well as the people who *think* they know how to do it,
is much larger. There's a much larger probability of problematic situations
in such a setting.

The ability to easily revert (which I don't particularly fancy in CVS, TBH)
doesn't help with the other problem, the translations. The translators will
get mightily pissed off if a revert war increases the revision number by
5 or 10, and immediately makes their perfectly fine translation out of date
and gets it removed.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.