Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 06:22:08PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 12:11:03AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > However, I do feel my comment is justified in the sense that if there is
> > one thing in Debian that is the joint responsibility of _all_ DDs, then
> > it is the website. So yes, if you've never contributed in any way to the
> > website, feel some shame and kindly shut up.

The only thing I've ever heard about helping out with the website is that
it's a herculean task that no mere mortal should attempt.

> If it's the joint responsibility of _all_ DDs, then why doesn't everyone
> have commit access?

That's exactly why I've abandoned the web site for the wiki anyway. I
trivially had access, as does everyone else on the XSF, even non-DD's,
making it incredibly easy to actually do work. As far as I'm concerned, the
web site should be deprecated in favor of the wiki. I'm pretty sure Joey
Hess has blogged about something similar.

 - David Nusinow