cvs commit access to webwml files (Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams)

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 09:06 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2007, Josip Rodin wrote:
> > Anyway, before we get lost in all this prediction stuff, I'm yet to hear
> > a good reason why we need complete triviality in the access method, as
> > opposed to the kind of triviality we have had for years now: all that is
> > necessary to get webwml access is to send a mail to debian-www saying
> > you've read some docs and you want access.
>
> Because most people don't bother when they want to fix only a small
> detail in a web page.

I agree with that.

> Furthermore, the procedure to get www-acces is not
> that clear... when I joined the group, I had to seriously dig in the
> documentation to finally find a web page which wasn't even hosted on a
> debian.org website

I agree with that too.

But I did the effort of finding the procedure and asking for cvs commit
access to the webwml files.  To my surprise I got the access granted
within 24 hours.  And also to my surprise, editing the webwml files and
committing the changes is much easier than I expected.

> at that time (Joey's page that apparently moved to
> people.d.o in the mean time and that you have now listed in
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster).

Well, feel free to give the procedure a more visible place in the
webwml-managed pages.

> Anyway, debian-cd when it was hosted in CVS used to have write access to
> all Debian developers and it worked perfectly fine. The collab-maint
> SVN repository is also writable by all DD and I haven't heard a single
> complaint up to now.
>
> So consider this a +1 for me to get write access to all DD by default in
> our website.

I agree with giving cvs commit access to the webwml files to all DD's,
or, to encourage all DD's to request that access.

Regards,

Bart Martens