Re: Need for launchpad

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 06:52:10PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 04:04:09PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > The ratio of Debian developers to upstream developers is *much* closer to
> > 1:1 than the ratio of Ubuntu developers to Debian developers,
>
> Obviously; but still, I'd appreciate it if people responsible downstream
> for my packages would have a name, rather than being 'some random Ubuntu
> person'.
>
> It'd probably be great if Ubuntu would set up (or, if it already exists,
> advertise) some way to have a canonical way (no pun intended) to contact
> the Ubuntu maintainer (or, if no such person exists, the responsible
> Ubuntu team) for a given package. Something like the
> @packages.debian.org alias would be wonderful, but something else would
> work, too.

Unfortunately, something like @packages.debian.org doesn't map very well to
how our development team is organized.  Of course,
ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com will reach the right people, but it also has
too much traffic to be very reliable for this sort of thing.

As I've said before, I'm happy to act as a point of contact personally, and
pass on any communications from Debian developers to the appropriate team or
individual within Ubuntu, wherever there is a doubt about who to contact.

--
 - mdz