Re: Need for launchpad

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:19:42 -0500, Frans Jessop
<fransjessop@hotmail.com> said:

> Ubuntu's launchpad is amazing.  Do you think it would be helpful if
> all DD's worked through it on their projects?

        Sure, as long as they change lauchpad to meet my workflow
 requirements. This would mean letting me have a local repo, signed
 remote repos, arch, email only interfaces, and not getting into my
 way.  If they make changes to meet these requirements, I'll have
 absolutely no problem throwing away tools I have worked on honing for
 a decade or so and switching to launchpad. Oh, and release launchpad
 under a free license, of course, so I don't make Debian development
 rely on a non-free toolset, of course.

> Wouldn't that keep things more organized and efficient?  Or perhaps
> Debian could build its own version of launchpad which is better.
> Again, I think it would do a good job keeping everything organized
> an efficient.

        Yup. Having all humans speak just a single language (and none
 of these darned wide charset junk) would be way more efficient too.
 And just have one model of a car -- I mean, who needs all these
 different companies, so much inefficiency.

        BTW, thanks for the laugh.

        manoj
--
VMS is like a nightmare about RXS-11M.