Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > What I find very dissapointing is that mdz asked on debian-devel twice
> > for a decision from debian how ubuntu should handle the maintainer Field
> > without any luck:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00678.html
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg00260.html
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00966.html

Debian developers set the Maintainer field to themselves(or a team), when they
upload to Debian.  The upstream author is only mentioned in the copyright
file.

Ubuntu should do something similiar.  Set the Maintainer field to someone from
their group, and mention debian in the copyright(or other appropriate place).