Re: If *-module depends on *-utils, should *-source recommend it?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:06:06PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> What William Ballard, Cameron Hutchinson and Eduard Bloch are asking for
> is to remove the difference between Depends and Pre-Depends and make all
> Depends behave like Pre-Depends.

No: I do not want dependencies to be INSTALLED before unpacking
anything.  I want them CHECKED: are the dependencies for each package
specified on the command line already installed or also specified on the
the command line.  If so, install out of sequence.  If not, stop (by
default, unless -forced).

It's fair to say this will break other things.  Didn't somebody ask for
apt to be able to directly install a deb?  That would work too.

Me, I'm just using temporary apt repositories.