Re: If *-module depends on *-utils, should *-source recommend it?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 04:23:19PM +1100, Vincent Ho wrote:
> entitled to be precise when saying that the files are not removed (as
> canvassed by Cameron), but overwritten. Please accept gracefully that

And *I'm* being precise when I said "foo 1.0" is removed and not
replaced.  A package is not its consituent files.  It represents the
potential for running it.  That is removed and not replaced (until you
fix it).

Dpkg does not "fix it."  Thus it removes it.

His definition of "replace" is vacuous.  You can't run the program, so
fat lot of good the files being replaced does.