Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:00:12 -0700, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> said:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 03:14:31PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Hell, consider this. Here I am on a 3 week business trip, sitting
>> in one of these anonymous little building associated with DARPA
>> (well, actually one of the ubiquitous three letter acronym
>> "sensitive" labs).  I have access to an internet connection, but
>> not to the servers in the facility -- (I may not have clearance,
>> and certainly the data transmitted would not be allowed there).  I
>> get a dynamic IP for net access.
>>
>> I see one of these emails that require a role response, and, rather
>> than making everyone wait for weeks, I respond.

> Good job.  You could have done the same thing without running a mail
> server on your dynamic-IP-connected host.

	perhaps. But that is not what I have chosen to do, and setting
 up a MTA is simpler, and easier for me to maintain, than  setting up
 a  mail-relay accessible over the network.  Now, if people want to
 drop legit email based on the fact that my IP happens to be provided
 by a dhcpd,  regardless of content, it is their choice, and their
 headache, if this happens to discard data they thought was valuable.

	I don't complain that they are dropping my mail (unless this
 is mail sent to a role address that people are supposed to be looking
 at), as long as people don't hector me for running my own outgoing
 MTA.

	manoj
--
"It's like deja vu all over again."  -- Yogi Berra