Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:
>
>> If you missed to care about your packages for that long time (with a release
>> coming up), you can only blame yourself for not caring earlier.
>
> I'm doing this on behalf of QA.  Good grief, can't you please get the
> facts?

Then maybe QA should get access to more hardware?

>> Sorry, but to me it seems as if you're the typical kind of DD who don't care
>> about bugs on other archs in daily business until a release is comming and
>> he suddenly realizes that his beloved package wouldn't make it into the
>> release. Then he starts to panic as you do.
>
> Perhaps you might get the facts before attacking me.
>
>> Buildds are not there to debug your packages, but to build your packages.
>> It's your task to debug. Don't abuse buildds with unnecessary "test"
>> uploads. Packages wasting a lot of time might end up in weak-no-auto-build.
>
> Since the bug seems to me to be a bug in the buildd, what would you
> suggest I do?

Run sbuild using fakechroot in the dchroot.

> *MY* preference is to file a release-critical bug against the buildd
> pseudo-package...  But there isn't one, and I doubt it would actually
> help.  None of the buildd maintainers have said, "Oh, I'll look at
> this and make sure it gets fixed."

There is an sbuild package and the maintainer has recently reawakened.
He should also be aware of any differences between the buildd sbuild
and the sid version.

Did you try to talk to him about this?

> Thomas

MfG