Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:

> If you missed to care about your packages for that long time (with a release
> coming up), you can only blame yourself for not caring earlier.

I'm doing this on behalf of QA.  Good grief, can't you please get the
facts?

> Sorry, but to me it seems as if you're the typical kind of DD who don't care
> about bugs on other archs in daily business until a release is comming and
> he suddenly realizes that his beloved package wouldn't make it into the
> release. Then he starts to panic as you do.

Perhaps you might get the facts before attacking me.

> Buildds are not there to debug your packages, but to build your packages.
> It's your task to debug. Don't abuse buildds with unnecessary "test"
> uploads. Packages wasting a lot of time might end up in weak-no-auto-build.

Since the bug seems to me to be a bug in the buildd, what would you
suggest I do?

*MY* preference is to file a release-critical bug against the buildd
pseudo-package...  But there isn't one, and I doubt it would actually
help.  None of the buildd maintainers have said, "Oh, I'll look at
this and make sure it gets fixed."

Thomas