Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:

> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=bbconf&ver=1.10-1.1&arch=sparc&stamp=1086993301&file=log&as=raw
> and
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=bbconf&ver=1.10-1.2&arch=s390&stamp=1091829145&file=log&as=raw

As should be obvious to you, the bug arose around the time that the
new X library arrangement went into place.

Nothing here establishes *where* the bug is; and indeed, it seems more
and more likely to me that it is a build in sbuild or apt-get, or
perhaps in the way the sparc and s390 autobuilders are set up.

The package in question had been abandoned by Sean Perry, the previous
maintainer, and was marked orphaned by Martin Michlmayr on July 15.
Then in early August (after the normal two-week delay) the maintainer
was set to the QA team, and I began trying to deal with the build
problem.

I notice that you have not yet actually offered to help.  There are
lots of orphaned packages needing work; perhaps instead of attacking
me for trying to fix RC bugs in orphaned packages, you could help fix
bugs yourself.

You could even volunteer to help fix this one.

Thomas