Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:54:25AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> > You're aware that this will put extra load on *all* buildds, making the
> > situation even worse for some?
> > Please think twice the next time....
> Do you have an alternative strategy for solving the problem, or are
> you just protesting that this strategy is inconvenient?

Write DSA or the buildd admin to get your build-deps installed in dchroot.

> If this is the only strategy available, then it must be the best one.
> I agree that I wish another strategy were available.  So far, none is,
> and "ignore a release critical bug" seems worse.
> I must not be listening carefully enough; I must have missed the
> "whoosh" as all the volunteers to help debug the problem rush in.

I see no problem with getting an account on some random sparc machine. For
s390 this is different, but then again you can login on raptor and/or trex
and request that your builddeps get installed.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/