Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

* Ingo Juergensmann (ij@2004.bluespice.org) [040827 12:25]:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:52:50AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > > You're aware that this will put extra load on *all* buildds, making the
> > > situation even worse for some?
> > > Please think twice the next time....
> > Human debugging time is more valuable then machine CPU time.  If one
> > things twice about this the next time, one should conclude that the
> > upload to get debug output from the autobuilders is the correct thing
> > to go.

> To me it is totally irrelevant. But tell that to the developers who are
> waiting to get their packages into testing/sarge and waiting for such archs
> as arm to finally build their package. With this kind of uploads you're
> wasting *their* human development time.
> For me running some machines with buildds on them it's next to irrelevant
> what packages the machine will compile next. I just keep the machine
> running...

Ok, but that can only mean that we should try to fix the problems of
too less buildds, in the worst case even spending debians money on it.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/