Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 11:52:50AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > You're aware that this will put extra load on *all* buildds, making the
> > situation even worse for some?
> > Please think twice the next time....
> Human debugging time is more valuable then machine CPU time.  If one
> things twice about this the next time, one should conclude that the
> upload to get debug output from the autobuilders is the correct thing
> to go.

To me it is totally irrelevant. But tell that to the developers who are
waiting to get their packages into testing/sarge and waiting for such archs
as arm to finally build their package. With this kind of uploads you're
wasting *their* human development time.
For me running some machines with buildds on them it's next to irrelevant
what packages the machine will compile next. I just keep the machine
running...

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/