Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 20:36, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Martin List-Petersen <martin+debian-devel@list-petersen.net>
>
> > So why not reimplement whitelist@l.d.o. in a way, that if you use an
> > alias, that not is on the whitelist, your email will be hold, you'll
> > get a email back to verify your identity and automatically get added
> > to the whitelist.
>
> That would amount to letting l.d.o spam every poor innocent joe-job
> target in the world. (And, with contemporary spamware, everyone is a
> joe-job target).
>
> Not An Option either.

It would happen once, the first time you post to any l.d.o mailinglist with a unknown email-address,
never again. It would never happen, if you were subscribed (with any email-address that you might be
subscribed with) and it should take care of delimiters.

That would hit how many people, how often.

I really would like to know, where the problem is there ?

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot net
--