On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:57:19 +0000, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> said:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:59:35AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:18:14 +1100, Matthew Palmer
>> <mpalmer@debian.org> said:
>> > Hang on, you're saying that Nathanel is an idle bystander?  I
>> > think
>> Yes, I am.  If he is not working as a apprentice RM, he is an idle
>> bystander. As am I. As are you.  People who genuinely cared to
>> relieve AJ's load volunteered to help take off some of the tasks of
>> the RM, learning the ropes as they went.

> Nathanael has been doing exactly that, as far as I can tell (as one
> of those assistants). I've found his mails to -release helpful, and
> I know aj's acted on a number of his suggestions.

	Ah. In which case it would be wrong of me to criticize his
 comments on the RM process (though I would hope that his work would
 lead him to channels more conducive to fruition than a diatribe on

	However, seems to me that the criticism was levelled at DSA
 and the buildd-admin folks; in which case all of us not working on
 those tasks would be bystanders.

	I should note that Ingo ought not to be considered a
 bystander, seeing that he is indeed involved in adminning a potential
 buildd machine.

	I don't consider asking for people to be replaced, as opposed
 to bringing the issues of concern to the attention of the DPL and
 other interested parties in a _friendly_ manner, to be very

"He goes on about the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  It comes in one
verse after another, and it is quite manifest to the reader that there
is a certain pleasure in contemplating the wailing and gnashing of
teeth, or else it would not occur so often." Bertrand Russell, "Why I
Am Not a Christian"