On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:57:19 +0000, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> said:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:59:35AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:18:14 +1100, Matthew Palmer
>> <mpalmer@debian.org> said:
>>
>> > Hang on, you're saying that Nathanel is an idle bystander?  I
>> > think
>>
>> Yes, I am.  If he is not working as a apprentice RM, he is an idle
>> bystander. As am I. As are you.  People who genuinely cared to
>> relieve AJ's load volunteered to help take off some of the tasks of
>> the RM, learning the ropes as they went.

> Nathanael has been doing exactly that, as far as I can tell (as one
> of those assistants). I've found his mails to -release helpful, and
> I know aj's acted on a number of his suggestions.

	Ah. In which case it would be wrong of me to criticize his
 comments on the RM process (though I would hope that his work would
 lead him to channels more conducive to fruition than a diatribe on
 -devel).

	However, seems to me that the criticism was levelled at DSA
 and the buildd-admin folks; in which case all of us not working on
 those tasks would be bystanders.

	I should note that Ingo ought not to be considered a
 bystander, seeing that he is indeed involved in adminning a potential
 buildd machine.

	I don't consider asking for people to be replaced, as opposed
 to bringing the issues of concern to the attention of the DPL and
 other interested parties in a _friendly_ manner, to be very
 productive.

	manoj
--
"He goes on about the wailing and gnashing of teeth.  It comes in one
verse after another, and it is quite manifest to the reader that there