On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:52:47 +1000
Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:08:23AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
> > > No, that's the time for other people to offer assistance you can
> > > use. If
> > Perfectly usable assistance was offered. If some (unarguably)
> > bonehead came along, wanted to take over a jobs and got rejected no
> > big argument would have arisen. That was not the case.
>
> The people who get to decided whether the help is useful or not are
> the ones doing the job, not the ones offering the help.

These people do not 'own' these jobs, do they? I would say that debian
as a project should decide if help is needed or not. Based on some
objective measure of 'doing the job' of course. Sometimes it can be
really obvious to his peers that somebody is swamped in work, but the
person can't see this. I'm not saying that this is what's happening
here. I'm just saying that in a big project it shouldn't be the just guy
doing the job who decides if he's doing a good job.

 grts Tim