On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:35:53AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	By the gripping hand, nagging at volunteers, and trying to get
>  them replaced, when coming from idle bystanders, is also not how
>  things get done.

Hang on, you're saying that Nathanel is an idle bystander?  I think you need
to wander around the l.d.o archives for a bit.  He knows and does a hell of
a lot more than some DDs.  He's active in QA, RM, and d-legal.  Calling him
an "idle bystander" because he doesn't have his key in the debian keyring is
incredibly cruel to Nathanael's contributions to the Project.

As for the other people involved in this discussion, by all appearances none
of the key figures are "idle bystanders" - they're all people who are trying
to get things done, and one way or another the work is not getting done.

I think you are being overly dismissive of the contributions of those who
do not have the hallowed debian.org e-mail address.  No wonder people are so
desperate to get accounts - when they're stymied at every turn by existing
developers, dismissed with insults and unwarranted criticism.

It saddens me that, even here, we can't deal with people on the basis of
merit, and instead form our cliques and shun outsiders.

- Matt