> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:23:52 +0100, Tim Dijkstra <newsuser@famdijkstra.org> said:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:52:47 +1000
> > Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> >> The people who get to decided whether the help is useful or not are
> >> the ones doing the job, not the ones offering the help.
>
> > These people do not 'own' these jobs, do they? I would say that
>
> 	No. But they are often in the best position to udge what
>  exactly is needed,and what the problems are.

If only they would talk about it instead of wrapping it up in silence.

> > debian as a project should decide if help is needed or not. Based on
>
> 	Debian as a project should decide? Rule by committee,
>  especially when most of the committee is not doing the work,
>  is rarely a good idea.
>
> > some objective measure of 'doing the job' of course. Sometimes it
> > can be really obvious to his peers that somebody is swamped in work,
> > but the person can't see this. I'm not saying that this is what's
>
> 	One can't see when one is swamped with work? I'm sorry, this
>  does not gibe with my experience.
>
> > happening here. I'm just saying that in a big project it shouldn't
> > be the just guy doing the job who decides if he's doing a good job.
>
> 	By the gripping hand, nagging at volunteers, and trying to get
>  them replaced, when coming from idle bystanders, is also not how
>  things get done.
>
> 	manoj

Maybe not but at least it got some information out of Martin what is
going on behind the scene. Thats more than was archived without it.

Aparently this method is again more successfull then talking against
walls. Show us a even better, third option and it will be taken next
time.

MfG
        Goswin