Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

* Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis <luca@debian.org> [2003-11-14 05:30]:
> I understand, but they happen, and i think this to be a not-so-open
> point in our open structure.

Yes, that's true but there might be a point in that.  I also don't
have access to the discussions or archives of the security team, the
system admins, etc.  And perhaps that's because they discuss sensitive
information from time to time?

In fact, I also don't see what people send to luca@debian.org.  And
since you surely use your Debian address only for Debian, it should be
handled in a transparent fashion?  After all, you might become
inactive and not every communication might be achieved in your bug
reports.

> Indeed there is the issues about rejection being public, which
> should be also covered.

Yes, this is true.  We never really reached a conclusion on this, I
think.

> and open: people on some keypoints in Debian structure do not have
> the same treatment.

Yes, it's a shame, but it's just a fact of life that not everything
can be 100% open.  As to the DAM discussion being available to
everyone, I refer you to thread on -private a few weeks ago.  I'm sure
some people would disagree with their personal information being
posted all around.

> Of course if the do not reply mails i would not find anything, but
> being subscribed i could read directly what happen, or be aware of
> the fact that nothing happens.

In the case of keyring and DAM in the past, we were well aware that
nothing happened even without seeing the archives. ;-)  Gladly, the
situation has changed.

Look, I'm not against being transparent; not at all.  I try to be very
open and approachable.  But in some cases it just doesn't make sense.
And I don't see the problem here; if you see a _concrete_ problem,
please mail leader@d.o.  However, afact both keyring and DAM seem to
be running fairly smoothly at the moment.

> Trust is not a transitive property: i trusted you as DPL, this does

FWIW, I'm not speaking as DPL at the moment; I use leader@d.o in From:
to indicate when I do.

--
Martin Michlmayr