Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 01:48:40AM +1100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Yes, this is true.  We never really reached a conclusion on this, I
> think.

This might be moved to -newmaint.

[...]
> Yes, it's a shame, but it's just a fact of life that not everything
> can be 100% open.  As to the DAM discussion being available to
[...]
Ok, i see the point of private stuff.

> In the case of keyring and DAM in the past, we were well aware that
> nothing happened even without seeing the archives. ;-)  Gladly, the
> situation has changed.
[...]
> Look, I'm not against being transparent; not at all.  I try to be very
> open and approachable.  But in some cases it just doesn't make sense.

Let's be positive thinking: i like it. This mean that we suppose anything to go
on in the best way in the future, we will never face again these problems with
DAM or keyring or whatever internal Debian structure because things
changed. This makes any issues here irrilevant. Thinking to a solution for a
100% transparent structure would be a waste of time. We are supposed to accept
this for paceful living, because we trust the good changes or perheps
because delegates are choosen from the DPL (person which we are supposed to
trust).

I think it won't stand for long. In any case, since structure is not so
open and it's not worth of changing, complains about it should not be sent on
-devel, because we can't do anything in almost all the cases (not to mention
-private which can't be reached by anyone)...

> And I don't see the problem here; if you see a _concrete_ problem,
> please mail leader@d.o.

And here i understand that we should redirect any attempt to flame^Wcomplain
any one in Debian key-points to leader@d.o, assuming people to think they have
_concrete_ problems (really reasonable; i suppose it already happened in some
way).
"This is OT here. If you think you have a problem with Debian structure, you
should speak with leader@d.o." will cut any thread short. I supose DPL should
not complain about this, because, after all, he choosed them.

I sow a problem, but i was told to live with it: I'll remember it, and go on.

> > Trust is not a transitive property: i trusted you as DPL, this does
>
> FWIW, I'm not speaking as DPL at the moment; I use leader@d.o in From:
> to indicate when I do.

Oh, well, sorry. I did not ment to write to you as the DPL, but you know... it
happens that you are :)
I can rewrite my sentence as "I trust the DPL, this...", and it would have the
same meaning.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have