Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

* Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis <luca@debian.org> [2003-11-13 08:00]:
> > Also note that the DAM's decision can be overridden.
>
> AFAICT, i never sow this to happen, but if you say so i take it for sure

The guidelines are outlined very clearly, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2003/debian-newmaint-200310/msg00001.html

> (but i'd now like to have an example, just out of curiosity).

It hasn't happend yet.  You have to understand that rejections at the
DAM stage are quite rare; most applications are rejected at the AM
stage (and most of them because the applicants don't have enough time
or interest, not because of philosophical or technical problems).

> Indeed you're right. To me we sohuld make things more open. Let's
> make da-manager a mailing list (debian-dam?) with archive

AM reports contain sensitive information (such as e.g. photo IDs,
although those fortunately not as much any more); hence, this is a bad
idea.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com