Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:33:33 +0000, James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
wrote:
>In the series of mails that followed the initial REJECT, I said (in
><87ad7bm2bj.fsf@shiri.gloaming.local>):
>
>| If you disagree with that, you can either try your luck with another
>| ftp-master or get rough consensus on debian-devel that I'm wrong.

It is usual that people who dare to question your judgment get flamed
on -devel. I have had my share of that. No, thank you.

You are the "secret" Boss of the project. You control who gets
accounts, has her key in the key ring, and you control what gets into
the archive. So, if you say "no, the Debian doesn't want your work",
that's the official voice of the project. And if you say "well done,
thanks for your contribution" a week later to another DD having
duplicated the effort that was already done, that's - again - the
official voice. The official voice saying "go fsck yourself" to the
first DD. This is bad.

It is a pity that you still behave like you consider /dev/random a
significant part of your daily operation. This is doing great harm to
the project, and it is scaring skilled people away on a daily basis.

Greetings
Marc