Re: Future releases of Debian

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Jérôme Marant wrote:
>> Userfirendliness means necessarily hiding technical details IMO, without
>> dealing with graphical aspects. I think that D-i hasn't reach that
>> state.
>
> It seems you're not aware of the SkoleLinux distribution. SkoleLinux has
> taken the current d-i, made very few changes, and pumped the debconf
> priority level up to high. The result is an installer that asks 3
> questions and then installs a complete Debian subdistribution with no
> further prompting.

I was refering to the current installation of d-i as shown at
http://people.debian.org/~sjogren/d-i/screenshots/2003-07-13/newt

But it seems that d-i is some kind of meta-installer and it
is possible to make it userfriendly or not userfriendly. Maybe
we shouldn' talk aboutt as an installer ...

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org