Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

Josip Rodin wrote:
> Well, yeah, sure, but the highway analogy doesn't apply. There isn't a
> single technical reason why I as a random person need to ever be in any
> sort of contact with a spammer to keep the system running.

There was no mention of spammers in the thread! While they are prone to
sending HTML emails its a general comment on people usage of the Internet.
If you can limit yourself to contacts who are technical enough to understand
the arguments why you don't like it then you can maintain the pretence that
it doesn't exist. Those who have to communicate on a wider basis (perhaps
for work?) cannot afford to drop mail to /dev/null and so will have to get
used to it I think.

Matt.