Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

Josip Rodin wrote:
> Right now we're getting really damn close to anarchy, when everyone and
> their dog has the means to entirely obliterate everyone else's mailbox
with
> unwanted whatever-they-have-to-say, and sometimes even obliterate their
> computer (with viruses).

We have the ability to annialte each other on the highways (and to a certain
degree we do), but its a rick of being involved for the benefits it brings
you. It would be nice to make everyone drive well, but they don't and they
won't play nice with your email either.

> The only way the rules need to evolve is to make things that annoy all
> decent users punished properly, rather than effectively ignored.

At present there is no one who is going to step in and do that. You can on a
limited basis (rules for mailing lists etc) but as a general point you are
going to be hard pressed to limit crap in your inbox and still participate
fully with others on the Internet.

Matt.