Re: "testing" improvements

 > And for all this developers around that may ask what I am talking
 > about, ask yourself: do _you_ really use STABLE on your own
 > machine?

	My firewall and DMZ machines run stable.

 >  And would you? If not, why not?

	Making assumptions, aren't you?

 > Your plan _would_ work when we see Testing as a "pre-freeze" fork,
 > similar to that unstable-freeze branches in "good-old-times". That
 > is what I would also like to have - stop having
 > "always-releaseable" testing branch and re-introduce something
 > without this-days-sid-critical-bugs and beeing always ready to be
 > frozen. But not to be frozen as "Testing" but as "Unstable" fork,
 > completely detached since the last semi-transparent Freeze of
 > Testing was not a great success.

	My. All these convolution merely to mask our inability to
 actually fix RC bugs in unstable. And much ado about nothing, it
 seems, since I fail to see how something that is not supposed to have
 sid's RC bugs and ready to be frozen would be any different from
 testing in practice, apart from having a different name. Have you
 actually thought this through?

	manoj
--
 Love conquers all things; let us too surrender to love. Publius
 Vergilius Maro (Virgil)