Re: "testing" improvements

En réponse à Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org>:

> Because testing has been basically frozen for some months it doesn't
> hold "recent versions of packages".
>
> These people currently use stable+backports. - Usually they are happy
> with http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/packages/ combined with either KDE3.1
> or GNOME2.2.
>
> This also what I recommend on debian-user-german or in Usenet, I
> always warn them about the dangers of Pinning and the missing security
> updates for testing.

This means that you are using unstable packages and you'll possibly
have serious problems with some packages (even more with bloats like
GNOME of KDE). So stable is not stable anymore.

How can developers reproduce bugs on unstable/stable mixed systems?

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://marant.org