Re: debconf template translation

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:52:21PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> The only solution, IMHO, to this problem is a system that cuts out the
> maintainer from the translation process (Of course they can take
> responsibility of one or more languages) and adds translations to
> packages automagically. I'm not saying that I have the answer here and
> now, but I do think we should think hard about it and support what Grisu
> is doing.

I don't know if it's feasable, but maybe a dh_updatetranslations which would
automatically grab debconf templates and describtions and bundle it in
before the package is built. This way the maintainers only have to care
*once* when they add the line and forget about it after that.

Dunno how you handle off-line building though.