Re: "testing" improvements

En réponse à Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>:

> unstable is where packages go immediately, to be tested as soon as
> possible.
> testing is where packages go after they have (hopefully) received some
> testing, been shown to build maybe-successfully, etc., and are
> considered
> releasable until demonstrated otherwise.

I'm sorry but most people that want recent versions of packages
in a more stable state use testing, not unstable. These are facts,
not theory. Since, testing is a pre-stable release it has to be
tested even more than unstable, because what's going to be on CDs
is testing not unstable.

Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>