Re: pseudo RFP: fortunes-debian (was: Re: Future of Debian uncertain?)

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 15:53, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 13:41, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 13:33, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > > On 26-Feb-2003, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> >
> > Patrick:
> >
> > gpg: BAD signature from "Patrick McFarland (Diablo-D3) <unknown@panax.com>"
> >
> > This is evolution 1.2.2 here. You're using mutt 1.5.3. Yet another
> > mutt/evolution problem? I thought these were finally solved by evolution
> > 1.2.2...
> >
> Nope, they just closed the bug and decided not to fix it.

Just had mail from Jeff Stedfast from Ximian - this one is a different
bug, and I received a patch that solves it. The space-at-end-of-line bug
is fixed, not just closed. (So, if there's any evo users out there who
want to try it, just pipe up and I can send it in your direction.)

> Evolution rewrites (yes REWRITES) quoted-printable e-mails before
> verifying them.  That's just wrong.
>
> It separates the mail, then decodes the parts.  When it comes to verify,
> it recodes the signed part again.  Mutt and Evolution encode
> quoted-printable mails slightly differently.

I know. Ximian evolution has a fundamentally broken architecture, I
fully agree.

greetings
-- vbi

--
White's Statement:
	Don't lose heart!

Owen's Commentary on White's Statement:
	...they might want to cut it out...

Byrd's Addition to Owen's Commentary:
	...and they want to avoid a lengthy search.