Re: Future of Debian uncertain?

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 00:01, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:12:27PM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:

>> [*] The last time I checked, the screws [of the heaven] were still
>> intact, so while somebody should go just to make sure, I don't think
>> we should be burrowing underground just yet.

And if they're going to come out, you could still file a bug first.

> how we fix issues in Debian, and issues do in fact get fixed. The rest
> of us on the list know this, but somehow it escapes a lot of users.
> Many users don't even know the BTS exists (I know this from personal
> experience on #debian), and making them familiar with it is a part of
> the transition from being a Linux user to being a Debian user.

Hmmmm.

How a Debian Hint of the Day at the login prompt/on the [kgxwhatever]dm
default screen?

 - 'Did you know that you can report a bug in a package with the
reportbug command?'
 - 'Did you know that you can use dpkg-reconfigure to change the
installation setup of a package'
 - ...

cheers
-- vbi