Re: Some proposals

--text follows this line--

 > Proposal: put all Debian code in a repository and make all
 > maintainers responsible for all packages.

	When evewryone is responsible for something, no one is
 responsible for it.

 > No more waiting for absentee maintainers to fix trivial bugs in
 > their packages.  The BSDs do it and manage to put out regular
 > releases.  There may need to be levels of privilege i.e a core team
 > but I would argue there is a de facto core Debian team right now
 > anyway.  As long as there is a good communication and a clear audit
 > trail for when thngs go wrong I think it could work.

	Really? How does one get to be a member of the Core? Who are
 they? Where do they meet?

 > Proposal: Stop releasing altogether

	Not a happy thought for the people who run stable on mission
 critical systems.

	Why all this rush to gather new constituencies at the expense
 of stable sets of old customers? The sqeaky wheel getting all the
 lubrication so the other wheels squeek in turn?

 > Proposal: Make all the people who talk but aren't going to do
 > anything shut up.

	Heh. One can wish ...

	manoj
--
 Nasrudin called at a large house to collect for charity.  The servant
 said "My master is out."  Nasrudin replied, "Tell your master that