Re: Future of Debian uncertain?

Hmm, is this month Doomsday Prediction Month or something?? We seem to be
getting a steady stream of self-appointed doomsday prophets recently, all
harbingers of great evil that supposedly will befall Debian in the near
future.

To be fair, valid concerns are being raised, and the points made about the
installation process in the referenced article are IMHO genuine issues
which we should take care of. But what's with all this fear-mongering? Can
people please just calm down, and bring up your issues (most of which are
real concerns that should be addressed) in a calm manner that doesn't
sound like the sky's going to fall down(*)? And that includes actually
reading up stuff to bring oneself up to speed with the current state of
affairs before panicking.

Thanks!

[*] The last time I checked, the screws were still intact, so while
somebody should go just to make sure, I don't think we should be burrowing
underground just yet.

Guns don't kill people. Bullets do.