Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

    be> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:38:07PM -0400,
    be> andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it wrote:
    >> We still have to make the decision whether to integrate DeMuDi
    >> into Debian or have DeMuDi live a life of its own

    be> Simple Question: what does it mean for Debian? If you want to
    be> contribute better MM packages, just du it.

That was Marco's original proposal as I understood it.  Anyway, please
note that Marco intended to do this "privately", not with some backing
from the DeMuDi project (and note that here and elsewhere, when I talk
about DeMuDi, I'm talking about the official project funded by EU,
which is a "part" of AGNULA).

I think  that it makes sense to  contribute packages to Debian as much
as possible.  OTOH DeMuDi has some  schedules that Debian has not, and
this of course must be dealt with in some way.

    be> If you want to imrpove the hardware detection of the
    be> installer, just do it.

That's  one of the   things I'm investigating.  I'm also  investigatin
pgi.  Any experience on the pros and cons of  this latter solution are
very appreciated.

Anyway, please note that the objectives that  we as a European Project
have  are not simply  "packaging", but are also "dissemination", which
is a broad term encompassing all sort of PR you  can think about.  And
of course Debian PR and DeMuDi PR are two completely different beasts.

bye,

andrea
--
Andrea Glorioso               andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it