Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

Le Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:38:07PM -0400, andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it écrivait:
> Of course, *if* we  decide to  integrate DeMuDi  into Debian,  we will
> follow all Debian rules, that's obvious (and I don't think there would
> be any way of not doing it, even if we  wanted to do  it, which is not
> the case).

Debian rules are not constraining. They are the result of a long history
... and you still do have your own choice to do. I mean "rules" evolve
... because people are doing things differently.

> many  reasons why we could  decide  that way, some  technical and some
> political, such as the fact the DeMuDi is an official European Project
> and as such has a number of  responsibilities which Debian fortunately
> doesn't    have) then   a   separate   structure,  both tecnical   and
> organizative, is due.  I'm trying hard to find  a way such as that, in

Please elaborate, I'm interested in that. In particular since DebianEdu
may also look for european funding in the future ...

> the case DeMuDi had to live a life of its own  (which, btw, seems like
> a `must' to me, given the  political obligations that  we have) we can

Again, tell me what are your obligations.

> cooperate  with Debian to the  maximum extent possible.  That includes
> bug reporting, bug filtering (for  bugs which are DeMuDi specific) and
> so on.  Any help on this  issue, when we finally  reach a consensus on
> this, will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, you should not try too much to protect maintainers from demudi
specific bugs ... you don't have people people to filter all bugs on
your own. Let the maintainer do his work but please make sure to
respond to maintainers request when they come and say "look, i received
this bug report wrt demudi, i don't know anything about that, can you
help me?".

> Thank you for your technical comments, which are very precious for me
> while I write down my internal proposal for DeMuDi team members.

You're welcome.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com