Re: Freeze Please?

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:16:20PM -0800, David Schleef wrote:

> I've considered writing a simple gcc wrapper script that, when
> executed on a m68k machine, would transfer the relevant files
> to a faster machine, cross-compile them, and transfer the
> results back.  Of course, the transferring would be done most
> conveniently via NFS.  This method would likely work immediately
> for a large number of packages, without the widespread problems
> typical with full cross compilation.

Package: distcc
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 260
Maintainer: Paul Russell <prussell@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.1-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1), libpopt0 (>= 1.6.4), adduser, debconf
Filename: pool/main/d/distcc/distcc_1.1-1_i386.deb
Size: 81988
MD5sum: 33c2abfc69d44eac1abc20fe867cf105
 distcc is a program to distribute compilation of C or C++ code across
 several machines on a network. distcc should always generate the same
 results as a local compile, is simple to install and use, and is often
 significantly faster than a local compile.  distcc does not require all
 machines to share a filesystem, have synchronized clocks, or to have
 the same libraries or header files installed.

--
 - mdz