Re: Freeze Please?

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:04:49PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
We all agree on a simple fact: testing has security problems and in its
present status it can't be released (ergo your negative).  The release
manger said that the infrastructure required to fix this is there, but
there are not volunteers to prepare security updates.

It's not just security updates. RC bugs in testing are also not
corrected. Regardless, my definition holds. The scripts that currently
run testing are concerned only with making sure that testing is
internally consistent. If you create a seperate development process
aimed at testing then you might get something more than an internally
consistent set of packages, but it certainly won't be what we currently
call 'testing'.

Mike Stone