Re: Open Source Games and Cheating - a paradoxum?

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:46:31AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> I was thinking more of making "cheating" part of the game in some sense,
> perhaps by making "cheaters" a different class of player.

This reminds me of Netrek and its special "borg" servers, where players
competed in writing the best "enhanced" clients.  I knew someone who was
really into that.  He had a client that could almost play on its own.

I was told that having the borg servers as an outlet significantly
reduced cheating on the normal netrek servers.

Richard Braakman