Re: 3.2 transition

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 03:39:43PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  For the second group... hmmm... "we wish you luck"? (h/j)  I'm not sure
>  if you really want the list of applications that are going to break
>  here.  I could start by listing software products from TGV (or any
>  other numeric/scientific/simulation software company).  Some of these
>  people deliver software linked agaisnt Qt 3, but it's trued that most
>  of them prefer Motif for whatever reason.

Then the question is, do they deliver software linked against *our* Qt3,
or against a Qt3 from another distro that uses a different C++ ABI?  If
they're already using a newer ABI than we are (either the one we're
moving to or one that we've never shipped), then the transition won't
*break* anything.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer