Re: RSBAC support in Debian

Am Die, 2002-12-17 um 16.46 schrieb Russell Coker:
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 22:43, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:29, Christoph Martin wrote:
> > > In http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-nexttime.html it says that work on
> > > RSBAC support in Debian is in progress. I have not seen any discussion
> > > of it on the list. However there is an RFP:
> > > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=157916
> > >
> > > Is anybody working on this?
> >
> > I have built some kernel packages for RSBAC and put them online on
> > http://www.coker.com.au/rsbac/ .
> >
> > Please check them out, if people think that they are OK then I'll upload
> > them.
>
> I have not received any email response to this message and I conclude that
> there is no significant interest in using RSBAC in Debian at the moment.
>
> I will not do any more work on RSBAC at the moment for this reason and because
> I believe that RSBAC is overly complex to use.

Sorry for not answering before. I was interested to have RSBAC in
Debian, but I have no time to work on it at the moment. I would have
tried it on one of my firewall machines, but I also think that it is to
complex to get it running without a lot of time of experimenting.

My original issue was to make my Debian boxes more secure and I found
some information about RSBAC which sounded really good. But perhaps I
should try SE Linux instead.

Christoph