Re: 3.2 transition

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 08:56:43PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I've thought having a directory for doing LD_LIBRARY_PATH might help
> people keep compatibility with other dists or legacy applications,

What other dists or legacy applications?  Do you have examples?
The only thing I'm aware of where this might be useful is qt2/kde2.  And
we're already leaving that case with the ABI it has always had.  If you
have other cases that actually exist, and that would justify the extra
space usage in the archive, feel free to bring those forward.

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@debian.org)
The opinions expressed here are my own.