On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 06:05:38PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Unless the Social Contract has changed recently, then I would expect that
> > anyone who "claims to adhere" to it would support the existence of contrib
> > and non-free, since 5 *explicitly* states that we will provide our users
> > with access to this software.
>
> Which is exactly what John's GR proposes to amend.

Missed this one.

So, when John says the following:

| Nominally, you have accepted the same social contract as everyone else and
| would claim to adhere to Debian's strong Free Software stance.  I fail to
| see why you are taking such a pro-proprietary stance within an organization
| such as Debian.

He is talking about his own future, modified version of the Social Contract?
And anyone who doesn't adhere to that is pro-proprietary?

What John seems to be claiming is that Sections 1 and 5 in the current
Social Contract conflict with each other.  The people who are arguing with
him see it differently.  That doesn't make them pro-proprietary.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>