On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:45:33AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:49:23PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 07:06:33PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > > I would like this point to be clarified.
> > > Exactly which non-free packages will be tracked by the BTS when they
> > > are not distributed by Debian anymore?
> > All of them?
> Why do you think this? It's certainly not remotely the course of least
> resistance.

Actually, it's probably not possible -- we need some way to distinguish
typoed package names in bug submissions and random third party non-free
packages to maintain the current quality of the BTS at the very least
(so that someone can at least have a chance of noticing a bug filed against
net-base, and reassiging it to netbase, eg).

So this means that "non-free packages hosted on a given site" would be the
best thing possible. I'd be highly reluctant to do even that personally,
if other people are maintaining packages, they're the ones that should
be tracking the bugs in them. What sort of non-free site would Debian
want to enter into a partnership with?

Cheers,
aj