On Nov 12, Steve Langasek wrote:
> How dare they make decisions that could force our users to use
> free alternatives to their beloved non-free tools?

The problem is that there isn't a free alternative for many of the
things in non-free, unless we want to establish "ideologically pure"
alternatives to the W3C and IETF.

My gut feeling is that the current compromise has served us well as
long as I've been a developer, and there's no compelling reason to
muck with it.  You can easily ignore the existence of non-free if it
gets your panties in a bunch, kinda like I ignore the fact that my
DirecTV service has several religious and shopping channels.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence <cnlawren@phy.olemiss.edu> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/

Computer Systems Manager, Physics and Astronomy, Univ. of Mississippi
125B Lewis Hall - 662-915-5765