Re: postgresql and debconf [Re: package and dpkg improvements to help autoinstallers]

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 02:27, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:

> user choose not to, every time an upgrade is necessary just mail root
> and put in the mail the address of an upgrade script.

Please either use debconf or provide a (standard?) environment variable
to avoid such emails to those who want to suppress them, however.  (With
the idea that providing me plenty of rope to hang myself is not an
issue.)

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/