Re: Planned packages for sarge

* Jérôme Marant

| On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 09:50:23PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| >
| > | - what's its status?
| > Reading the doc/TODO might be a good thing, available at
| > http://url.raw.no/?27
|
|   Are there any goals about size? The single floppy goal seems
|   quite difficult to achieve.

Single floppy for initial bootstrapping is achievable.  It will then
install more modules into the installation image and bootstrap itself
before it bootstraps the base system.  Basically a multi-stage
installer.

|   Are you planning something around graphical frontend for
|   installation?

hopefully, yes.

|   I also would love to see a kickstart-like mecanism ...

that could work by just copying out the debconf db onto the new boot
disks.. maybe. :)  (yes, it is a goal.)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-