Re: xaw3d incompatibilities

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 03:44:48PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> Currently the best way is imho to depend on xaw3d explicitly.  Or you
> can kiss the 3d widgets goodbye and just link with Xaw.

Ironically, in my own package,I came across an incompatibility with the
new Xaw. So while my package did not use 3d widgets at all, it was better
to run it against Xaw3d, instead of the "new" Xaw.

As the upstream author, I eventually recoded it to work with both.
But it really pisses me off that the Xaw people broke backward
compatibility.