Re: kickstart (autoinstall)? Was: Planned packages for sarge

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 05:19, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > |   No dedicated kickstart scripting?
>     > not yet.
> Take a look at fai, the fully automatic installation for Debian

If you've got a good idea of what you need an installer to do exactly
and just want a decent base to work off of thats very hackable, take a
look at autoinstall.  Written in python and decently flexible in things.

ps: are there other people working/using autoinstall other than hackers
at Progeny and myself?  We really need to get a list on hackers.p.c
going and start coming up with ideas and coordinate hacking.  I'm
worried many people took my original route which involved some ugly
hacking and never merging code.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/