Re: kickstart (autoinstall)? Was: Planned packages for sarge

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 05:19, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > |   No dedicated kickstart scripting?
>     > not yet.
> Take a look at fai, the fully automatic installation for Debian

If you've got a good idea of what you need an installer to do exactly
and just want a decent base to work off of thats very hackable, take a
look at autoinstall.  Written in python and decently flexible in things.

ps: are there other people working/using autoinstall other than hackers
at Progeny and myself?  We really need to get a list on hackers.p.c
going and start coming up with ideas and coordinate hacking.  I'm
worried many people took my original route which involved some ugly
hacking and never merging code.

Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/